On Monday, March 27th and Monday, April 3th we will be hosting #NazBound days for admitted students. If you’re considering Nazareth (which you definitely should be!) here are six reasons you should come visit us for these special events.
6. The best way to get to know a college is by spending a day on campus. Yes, tours are awesome but the best way to get a feel for the culture of a campus is by spending all day there. Are there a lot of people around? How do they interact with the staff? How do they interact with each other? What does a typical day in the life of a student at Naz look like?
5. Everyone at Experience Naz is a potential future classmate. Ok, so this is true no matter when you come and visit Naz but the people at #NazBound are all accepted students so the probability is even greater this time. Just like you’ll get a feel for the current student body at Naz, you can meet and get to know some of the people you’ll potentially be spending the next four years of your life with. If you’ve meet people on Facebook, this is the perfect way to meet them in person and spend a day with them!
4. No Parents!! So even though your parents come with you, there are events specifically for students and events specifically for parents. You’ll go on tour without them, to class without them, to lunch without them, and to a student panel without them. They won’t be at college with you so why should they spend the day at college with you? This will give you a chance to interact with your fellow students without mom being awkward and ask the questions you want to ask without dad obsessing over campus safety the entire time.
3. College Food! Not terrifying, I promise. You’ll get a chance to eat in the dining hall just like the rest of Naz does. You’ll actually probably love it so much you’ll go back for seconds…stir fry, pasta, pizza, mac and cheese, unlimited ice cream, cereal for lunch just because, veggie burgers….Naz loves food!!
2. Real Live College Classes!!! We know how intimidating college classes can sound so we’ll take you to class to prove that they’re actually interesting and totally manageable . . . and that our professors are real people just like the rest of us (well most of the time . . .). The best part is you get to pick which class you want to go to so what’ll it be biology? religion? philosophy? music? theater? English? physics? Pick something in your major, pick something you love, pick something you’ve never heard of. Ether way, I bet you’ll really love it!
1. Free Naz Swag. If you haven’t figured it out yet, Nazareth loves to give away free Naz stuff. We’ll have t-shirts for everybody. Then there’s social media contests throughout the day with the opportunity to win Naz sunglasses, basically the coolest things ever!!
Hope to see you on campus! Be sure to register if you haven’t already yet.