After two weeks of absolutely gorgeous weather I was convinced that we had escaped the notorious Rochester winter – I was very wrong. As if the spring fever wasn’t bad enough when it was actually nice out, being thrust back into 20 degree tunnel weather has me wishing for some good weather more than ever. On the plus side, the return of winter gives me a perfect opportunity to think about all of the things I want to do in when it gets nice out before heading home for the summer.
1) Study Outside I’m usually more of a dorm room studier but Naz is so beautiful when it gets nice outside! I remember one day last year before finals I camped out on a bench outside my room and even though I thought I would be super distracted I was actually able to get a ton done. There are so many little places around campus where you can sit outside and get some work done while enjoying the sunshine.
2) Attend Springfest CAB (Campus Activities Board) always works so hard to put together some really cool events on campus and Springfest is one of the biggest. It’s a whole afternoon filled with food, games, and music (last year We the Kings performed!). This year the theme is 90s Block Party and I’m really excited to see what they have up their sleeves for it.
3) Go to a Yoga Class Naz has free yoga classes for students everyday of the week and, seeing as no members of my extensive yoga pants collection have ever actually been to yoga, I really want to give them a try. Normally, they’re held by candlelight in Linehan Chapel, which my friends who are regulars say creates a really beautiful and relaxing ambiance, but when it’s really nice they move outside! Yoga on a warm spring night sounds like something I can’t miss.
4) Hit Up Pittsford Dairy Pittsford Dairy is a small ice cream and bake shop right down the street from campus. If you want to get some fresh air and take a break from studying, it’s a super easy walk from campus. I actually didn’t try it until this fall when I was an orientation leader and took a group of orientees there for an outing and I really regret not going sooner. They have such great ice cream and some really unique flavors.
5) Walk by the Canal Walk a little past Pittsford Dairy and you end up on the Erie Canal. There are a ton of really great restaurants there like Simply Crepes and Aladdin’s and the view next to the water really can’t be beat. It’s a relaxing way to spend an hour or two and a great place to catch up with friends in the warm weather.
Nazareth is beautiful covered in snow but there’s so much to do when it warms up! Hopefully it won’t be too long before it’s sunny and 75° again, but I’ll keep adding to my list in the meantime!
For more to do within walking distance of Nazareth, check out Jeanie’s blog on the wonderful town we call home.